Network Configurator issue

prodigy

I have been trying to get an Omron NX to communicate to a Toyopuc PC10G. I have established communications successfully, but I can only get the default 2 Bytes of data. I tried changing the assembly size in network configurator to 100 Bytes, but I get a Refresh Type error on the NX. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

We need more information. Are you using explicit messaging or implicit messaging? In case of the former, which one is the client and which one (Omron or Toyopuc) is the server. In case of the latter, which one is the scanner and which one is the adapter?

We need more information. Are you using explicit messaging or implicit messaging? In case of the former, which one is the client and which one (Omron or Toyopuc) is the server. In case of the latter, which one is the scanner and which one is the adapter?
I am using the Toyopuc as the Target and the NX as the Originator and I think it would be explicit messaging.(I am sending motion control data to the Toyopuc).

Ok, then can you confirm the part number in the Toyopuc communication board, and the assembly instaces (produced and consumed ) configured in the target? Also, the link for the user manual for thr Toyopuc woukd help a lot, as well asvthe EDS file.

OK, I got the manual and it seems to be explained very clearly. Please see the below screenshot of page 9-142. This explains the required program to configure the "target" side for the Toyopuc adapter. The default instances of the EDS file (which I got from the ODVA link you provide) aare assembly instance 100 for produced connection and 101 for consumed connection, just as you indicate.
That is only half of the work, because in the originator side on the Omron Sysmac tool you need to register the EDS file and add the Toyopuc's device, set the correct IP address and configure the scanner side.
It should work if the Toyopuc program is correct.
If it does not work we need to see the error flagged by the Omron scanner's diagnostic tool, or get a Wireshark trace for which you would need an Ethernet tap.
Good luck. Will keep an eye on this post in case you encounter additional problems.
Edit: I think for your case you must choose "instance ID" as opposed to "Tag".

2023-03-05_ToyopucSettings.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help! I can successfully pass data back and forth, but only at the default 2 Bytes. This is the error (on the NX) I get when trying to change the data size to the Toyypuc. I have tried BYTE, INT, USINT as my Data type setting in the NX and get the same error?

pic1.PNG pic 2.PNG