Networking Question-Micro 1500, HMI & Laptop

iadapt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys, got a question, I have a Micrologix 1500 an Automation Direct C300 and my laptop. I would like to be able to plug in while running all three - the HMI, the laptop and the C300.

The problem is that the processor only has two network ports the 8 pin and the 9 pin, and the C300 has a 15 pin (I think) serial cable port. The 1761 network cable is able to do both however if I use it I cannot connect the laptop - no port available.

Is there a 8 pin connector that converts to a mini DIN? or someother possible solution?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Similar Topics

So the quick and short of the situation is that I designed an axle press that was sent to one of my company's other facilities. That facility just...
Replies
Views
Good day all. If I would like a PLC on one LAN to communicate with another PLC on another LAN, is that possible without using a router? For...
Replies
Views
Hi Y'all, I know next to nothing about network communication. My question is I have a network that I use to access the line PLC's, but a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I currently have a PLC network that communicates on a 192.168.1.x address 255.255.255.0. I am looking to add a few other machines to the...
Replies
Views
We had a security audit for our bank 6 months ago. We are now doing a follow up audit. Since the first audit they added a wireless access points...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom