New laptop problem with GPPWin

Badger

My IT dept' purchased a new laptop for me, a Toshiba Tecra. It has all mod' cons' and a serial port too. Any how they removed Vista and re installed XP (I believe GPPWin will not work with Vista).I have installed GX developer V8. The problem is, When i try and connect to a plc I get a message [insufficient memory close other applications and assure suficient memory is available]
<ES:0180800a> The laptop has over 1G of memory so have i done somthing during the insallation that i should have not. By the way I have re installed GX 3 times and done this on many other laptops without problems:smas: Thanks in advance chaps.

Here we go again. I have installed the enviroment files and I have administrator rights but still the same message appears when I try to communicate or go on line with the PLC. The same problem occurs with IEC developer as well.

I have installed the software on another laptop and it works fine ...So it looks like the problem is with the new laptop. I may need a PC expert to look at it for me..maybe there's one in here.. here's hoping.

I use Windows 7 64 bit.
I also encountered this problem if I use a RS-232 to PLC cable.
But if I use a USB to PLC cable then it works fine.
I am so puzzled.