New to GE Cimplicity

mdemmer

I am at a new location and they use GE Cimplicity 10 and I have been asked to do some development. Problem is there is no way I can see to Add POINTS.
There are multiple projects that I can view (GE Demo Included) and this is running off a Remote Desktop.

I see multiple Users and some do not have Dynamic Config selected and I am worried that I am one of these users.

I see no spot to login other than the alarm viewer Login! tab. Can anyone please guide me to why all my point control is greyed out.

I am also logged in as an admin on the remote desktop. Not sure if that matters.

Hi,

First thing you have to know, if you have a developers Cimplicity server running or a runtime. In runtime you can not edit points. The trick is then to start the server without a license key, than you can run the workbench for 2 hours and do your editing.

I do my editing CIMPLICITY workbench without "Run as administrator" if you do not have a developer license then the best way is to run OEMKEY this stops the project and restart the project in editing mode and gives you 2 hours of editing. Always stop and start the project when done with your editing. A compare master and data will appear klik oke and the changes take effect.

Then in Workbench project tree there is a Runtime/showusers tab, if you click that and choose open, click your project, you see the people who are logged in.

If you click the project in the menu bar there is option to Logout Project Security. Logged user is logged out and a Login pops up.

Hope this helps