Newbe!!got a question fer u gurus..

mer

Hello! all im new here to the site.and want what y fellers have which is PLC knowlodge,so i thought id ask,what is the best hands-on PLC training video's to buy for your money,my main interest is ALLEN BRADELY & AUTOMATION DIRECT since this is what i deal with at work ,or if anyone has any good hands on videos they would like to sell resonable that would be great...any info would be helpful thanks, Mer......

First look at all the free stuff here and on Youtube. Once you see those you can decide what comercial training materials would be most helpful.

For me, watching someone else do something on a video is not very useful to learn about PLCs, as I only learn easily by getting my hands on things. If I can get my hands on the hardware, the knowlege goes from my fingertips straight to my brain, and I can remember what I did. If I watch someone else do something, 30 minutes later I couldn't tell you much about what I saw.

Different methods are needed for different people.

thanks

I've watched every free online video i've come across, i've even bought several off of E-Bay or (E-scam) would be a better word....I would like to find a real good totorial video that would walk you through on the actual screen ..I bought several programs such as DirectSoft5 and RSLogic 500 v6.20 which is useless to me right now since i have windows vista..but anyway if anyone has any good training videos or of a good source of free online videos to teach someone from scratch i would be more than greatful for the info thanks again Mer........,

mer,

I have the free version of DirectSoft5 and it runs fine on my Vista computer. I also run RSLogix 500 Micro without any problems.

Now, about learning. You can learn the commands of RSLogix and what they do in just a few days. You can get all the information you need here: http://literature.rockwellautomatio...info.hcst?dID=68719&dDocName=1747-RM001_-EN-P

It is in PDF format so you can download it and read all the instructions. Learning how to understand logic, bits, bytes and Boolean operators is another matter. That takes a little while longer. I don't know your background but I would concentrate on these first. It is so hard to "think" like a computer but it is important that you be able to do so because a computer will never "think" like a human. Good luck and stay in touch.

thanks

mer,DirectSoft works its RSLogix that will not down load it's an older version that was out before vista was out i think version 7.0 and up will work again thanks ...

I have the free version of DirectSoft5 and it runs fine on my Vista computer. I also run RSLogix 500 Micro without any problems.

Now, about learning. You can learn the commands of RSLogix and what they do in just a few days. You can get all the information you need here: http://literature.rockwellautomatio...info.hcst?dID=68719&dDocName=1747-RM001_-EN-P

It is in PDF format so you can download it and read all the instructions. Learning how to understand logic, bits, bytes and Boolean operators is another matter. That takes a little while longer. I don't know your background but I would concentrate on these first. It is so hard to "think" like a computer but it is important that you be able to do so because a computer will never "think" like a human. Good luck and stay in touch.
mer,DirectSoft works its RSLogix that will not down load it's an older version that was out before vista was out i think version 7.0 and up will work again thanks ...