Newbie in a jam - The final episode

peterc49

I had this project thrust upon me when the guy in charge got suspended. It is my first exposure to Rslogix 500 and the 1400a PLC. I know that the code is very amateuristic and there are probably hundreds of ways to change it for the better. However, it does run except for Ladder 14. I can't get outputs 2 and/or 3 to open. I tried with and without the IOM instruction. I'm sure I have violated a basic rule but I can't figure it out. Any help will be most appreciated! (I included the zipped RSS file.)

I had this project thrust upon me when the guy in charge got suspended. It is my first exposure to Rslogix 500 and the 1400a PLC. I know that the code is very amateuristic and there are probably hundreds of ways to change it for the better. However, it does run except for Ladder 14. I can't get outputs 2 and/or 3 to open. I tried with and without the IOM instruction. I'm sure I have violated a basic rule but I can't figure it out. Any help will be most appreciated! (I included the zipped RSS file.)
Haven't looked at your code but are you calling the subroutine ladder14 form the main program ladder2?
Most times that seems to get everybody.

I see no "JSR" instruction for ladder 14 in the program you posted.

In ladder 14 you are using the same output address in several rungs. This is called double coiling. Although this is allowed its bad practice. The last instance that references an output address will win , in your program rungs 6 and 7 ladder 14.Of course nothing is going to happen in ladder 14 until you run it.

Peter I haven't had time to look at your program – but are you SURE that you understand BOTH of the issues that Mickey mentioned? ... the JSR is one thing – having "double-coils" is another thing ...

if you're not sure about all of this, maybe the following post will help ... pay close attention to the paragraph titled "Elaborating on Step 2" ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=7448&postcount=7

hopefully I'll have time to go over your program this weekend – but I'll bet that you'll have it all sorted out by then ...

hope this helps ...