Node issues with PanelView 550 and SLC 5/03 processor

Hello,

I have a SLC 500 5/03 processor and a 2711-B5A2 PanelView 550.
I have been sucsessful in uploading a existing application and downloading a new application. Everything seems to be fuctioning ok in RSLinx Gatway, its able to pick up the PV and processor just fine.

I can also (at times) use a analog input device and the PV reads the variation scaled value.

I keep getting a flashing messsage at the top of the PV that says:

required node (s) not found

If Linx is seeing the PV and the Processor and the processor is actually connected through the PV how could there not be nodes found?

If I unplug the cable from the PC then I can at least activate the touch cells but it still flashes the message. I must be missing something.

Thanks for any suggestions John

Thanks

I'll double check but I've been smacking head all night.

One other thing I forgot to say in the original post was the code with the message was 613.
I don't know if that will help.

Thanks

It sounds like you have at least one tag that refers to another PLC, you will have to check that each tag references the same PLC. If some of the data is working then that tag will be OK. Did you add new tags to the project? if you did, did you assign the correct PLC to the tag.
You can have the Panel View on a network accessing different PLC's by addressing each tag to a different PLC, as long as it is on the network.

Alan

Hello Alan,

I created the application and from the manual I addressed all tags to LC_1, I even change that to SLC_1 and it made no differance.

I made a mistake earlier, if I un plug the PLC I can activate the buttons and cells, as soon as I plug the cable back in I can't activate any buttons.

Up date: The message say: 613 Required network node(s) not found.

I think I've tried everything???????

I even tried changing cables and nothing changed but yet I still can download, upload and linx still sees both the SLC and the PV.

The comms led on the back of the PV is solid???

Thanks
John

Error 613 -Required Network Nodes Not Found (Flashing)
trnsp.gif
Answer
Example:

Trigger Trigger Type
AX (Unsigned integer, Tag Address N7:0) BIT

Text Value / Bit Trigger Equivalent Address
Alarm 0 0 AX N7:0 + 0 = N7:0/0
Alarm 1 1 AX N7:0 + 1 = N7:0/1
Alarm 2 2 AX N7:0 + 2 = N7:0/2
Alarm 3 3 AX N7:0 + 3 = N7:0/3
………. …….. AX N7:0 + .. = N7:0/..
Alarm 255 255 AX N7:0 + 255 = N7:15/15

Problem: Error 613 (Flashing)
Cause: Alarm trigger type "bit" requires available 16 consecutive words in the Data Table
Verify:
Cure: allocate 16 consecutive words in the data table
Prevention:
Catalog Number:
DocFullNum: E109058071

685 - File Access Error (DH+) also 613 Required Network Nodes Not Found (DH485)
trnsp.gif
Answer 685 - File Access Error (DH+) also 613 Required Network Nodes Not Found (DH485)

Both errors are seen when using bit arrays that addresses the last word in the data file.
Workaround: Add another element or change the address of the bit array so that the bit array does not access the last word.
Catalog Number: 2711ND3
DocFullNum: E19733

Last edited:
Post the files ( code if you can) for both the SLC ( .RSS) and the PV ( .pba ) We will take a look.

PV node selection

As of now the PC is Node 0
PLC is node 1
PV is node 3

In the communications setup screen the node is set to 3

(Is that suppose to be set to 1 (PLC)?)

John

No, node address on PV config screen is the PV's node address.
Node address of SLC is set with PB32 software see pic below.

PLCNode.jpg

lost on that one!

Sorry but you lost me rsdoran, I think your saying that it can only be a tag editing issue.

Mickey, I haven't had much luck with attaching files to posts but I"ll see what I can come up with.

The application I wrote came from the Quick start manual for panelbuilder and I just used an existing program that was on my PLC and I started a blank program with just one rung in order for me to download and t ogo online with the PLC. The application doesn't use any I/O addresses just B3:0/0 ect. And there are two N7 tags N7:0 and N7:1.

Before I started a application that I need I wanted to test the unit. And like I said other than being able to upload and download I haven't had any luck.

I'll keep digging, unfortunatly the more I mess around the worse it seems to be.
Thanks John

Yes the node address for the PLC is set to 1 in the panelbuilder comms setup screen.

The manual said to set LC_1

so I set the above screen from mickey to LC_1
- Node address to 1
- and SLC 5/03 .......

I did try to change the LC_1 to SLC_1 and that didn't work either.

John

To attach your codes click on go advance if you used quick reply or scroll down to additional options and click on attach files.
You will have to zip them to post. Or just change the ext ( but let us know if you do change ext only)

Thanks guys,

I decided to just write a one rung program and a new application with just two tags B3: and downloaded it ok and the PV worked just fine.

As mentioned in one your replies, it was a addresing issue with N7:. I'll just take little steps and build my application slowly, as two day's ago I had never worked with PanelViews at all.

Thanks