Noob question need help.

spence144db

ok I have a noob question that I am sure someone on here will shoot out an answer in 1 second and make me feel stupid.

I have a 3 pos switch the will represent times, pos 1 will be 15min timer, pos 2 will be 20 min timer, and pos 3 will be 25 min timer. This is for a table shotblast machine. the table will have to spin for the selected times (15,20,or 25mins)

The way that I have it programed now you can select pos 1 and it will run but if it is in cycle and you change the switch the timer will start again. So in theory if you keep moving the switch the timer will never stop and the table will keep spinning.

I need to make it so you set the time pos (1,2,or 3) and press start, once you have started the machine no matter what you do to the switch it will not make a difference

I know this is long, If i forgot something please let me know and Thx you in advance for all your guys help

I don't know what type of processor you have,, but you must inhibit moving the preset value into the timer when the timer is running. In AB world, you could use the .TT (timer timing) or maybe the .EN (Enable) bits to not allow the preset to be changed, depending on your code.

Ahh HAA!! it just hit me like a ton of bricks I think I may have it you have sparked an idea! thx you very much. I will reply back to this thread if I need more help or with a pic of what I did to solve it to help the future noobs like myself Thx again Jkerekes

You probably already have this solved. It appears this is a real (not homework) situation. You posted a good description of what was needed. Here is one possible solution based on using the LogixPro simulator.

Last edited: