Numatics G3 240-181 Communication Faults

Drewster1123

Hello, I've dealt with Communication faults on these ethernet nodes a few times but I never feel like I have the right solution. i usually replace the module and it works fine.

Our machines are AB processors and HMI's, and have an ethernet switch in the panel to allow all the other ethernet devices(Camera and VFD) to communicate with the plc.

The switch also allows us to connect to our plant network which is for the most part all on the same subnet. This could be part of the problem.

I know these devices also have a web server that you can access to see some information about the node itself but I cant seem to access it at the moment.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to trouble shoot these devices to find out the root cause?

Thanks

Usually an OEM machine will have local iP addresses, example 192.168.1.11 for the PLC and other devices. Then if you need to have ethernet to plant network could be a customer IP address. If this is the case then some form of NAT (network address translater) ethernet device needs to be installed.

Did you also look up the user's manual on this ethernet IO module? It spells out all the lights meaning and such and is a good resource for troubleshooting.

My biggest issue is those ethernet connectors on front of the modules, if you twist them they can usually fault. I have only seen 2 full proof ethernet m12 connectors that seem pretty solid, the rest always gave me issues.