Numeric Keypad

Your Micrologix serial port can connect to the DH485 network directly because its CH0 has DH485 with isolation built in. Use cable 1763-NC01 to go from the mini-din connector on the ML1100 to the phoenix connector that can connect to your DH485 cabling.

Then the DH485 cable will connect to each of the DH485 ports on two NET-AIC modules which each will connect to the PanelViews.

The PV will connect from its serial port to the NET-AIC.

The NET-AIC DH485 phoenix connectors are daisy chained together with belden 9842 or 3106A cable.

I am not certain that the PV Component serial pinout is the same as the panelview standard, so I am not sure which cables to recommend.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Last edited:
I had a similar application. This is what I came up with:

I had a little embedded PC, CF boot, DC powered, no moving parts. Something similar to this:
http://www.advantech.com/products/AMD-Geode-LX800-Ultra-compact-System/mod_1-2JKEEA.aspx

I built a little embedded Linux image and loaded it into the embedded PC. I wrote a small application using my DF1 library that simply accepts keyboard input and writes it to whatever memory location I needed(eg N7:15).

Finally you can get standard PS2 or USB digit pads pretty easily like here:

http://digitpads.com/products/digitpads/dp1000.htm

Connect DC power, the digit pad and the serial port to the PLC and off you go.

Your Micrologix serial port can connect to the DH485 network directly because its CH0 has DH485 with isolation built in. Use cable 1763-NC01 to go from the mini-din connector on the ML1100 to the phoenix connector that can connect to your DH485 cabling.

Then the DH485 cable will connect to each of the DH485 ports on two NET-AIC modules which each will connect to the PanelViews.

The PV will connect from its serial port to the NET-AIC.

The NET-AIC DH485 phoenix connectors are daisy chained together with belden 9842 or 3106A cable.

I am not certain that the PV Component serial pinout is the same as the panelview standard, so I am not sure which cables to recommend.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Thanks Paul, that's a good way to look at it. The way I was looking at it, was the 2 PV component have a dh-485 port, so I wanted to daisy chain them into the dh-485 port on the net-aic (this is what I'm unsure if I can do). Then I would connect the ML1100 serial port to the serial port(top mini-din connector port) on the net-aic. I haven't been able to find any documentation if that can be done, so I think your solution might be the best way to go.