O.T humour How many posters does it take to change a lightbulb.

allscott

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

You forgot 5 to argue about the virtues of RSlightbulb vs Syslightbulb and one to chime in about CXlightbulb.

And three to point out that lightbulb-direct is far less expensive.

MODERATOR MOVED TO THE GENERAL SECTION - Thread has been jacked and is no longer relavent to light bulbs

(Threw the spelling area in there to start the spelling flame :) )

An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guinness and sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finished all three, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender says to him, 'You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; It would taste better if you bought one at a time.'
The Irishman replies, 'Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in Australia, and I'm here in Dublin. When we all left home, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days we all drank together.'

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.

The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar and always drinks the same way: he orders three pints and drinks the three pints by taking drinks from each of them in turn. One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars' in the bar notice and fall silent.

When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender
says, 'I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss.'

The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then the light dawns in his eye and he laughs.

'Oh, no,' he says, 'Everyone is fine. It's me......I've quit drinking!

Don't forget the eight needed to discuss the conspiracy theory that it was actually Tesla that invented the light bulb.

Well, in any case the AC version. :)

Here in the good old South Africa we dont care what they are called, with all the blackouts we have because of our energy supplier does not have enough capacity, we dont need them anymore and have reverted back to the good old candle.

Thanks guys, need a laugh in the morning

rootboy said:
Don't forget the eight needed to discuss the conspiracy theory that it was actually Tesla that invented the light bulb.

Well, in any case the AC version. :)

Someone forgot to mention if they were incandescent (ant??) fluorescant, carbon arc, LED and whatever else I cant think of now.

AC incandescant lamps --
When I was on submarine we had this 17 year old report aboard. Leonard tried to be real salty to impress us "old salts" (on board a couple years and all of 23 and 24). So when he was sent to get a lite bulb I asked him if it was fluorescent or indancescent - he goes back to his chief (Max was a real salt - he had WW II combat patrol pins)
Leanard comes back "the kind you screw in"
I ask him AC or DC? Off he goes to see Max his chief.
Next thing I know is here is Max with Leonard in tow
")&^$#@^ Bentler give the kid a lite bulb and stop screwing around I need it for that *&)%$% droplight"
Leonard got his lightbulb.

Dan Bentler

Can anyone post some simple ladder logic for controlling a lightbulb - I'm in serious time trouble (i.e. it's about to get dark)