Off Topic GE Intellution Question

cirtcele

Sorry about this off topic question but i can't finish my PLC program changes because our IT guy couldn't remember how to get to the editing screen on our scada system. He can log in and thats as far as he gets. We are using GE Intellution Ifix 3.5

1. Shutdown the computer.
2. Remove the 'dongle' (hardware key).
3. Start computer.

Now with the dongle out, you may be given a choice when iFix starts to go into Development mode. If not, when vieiwing a screen, press CTRL-W to take you into Draw / Development mode.

Notes: Shutdown and removing the dongle is needed as it's read upon boot. If it's a Runtime only key, you MUST re-boot without it. If you have a Runtime/Development key you do not need to re-boot without it.

Development mode without a dongle lasts for only 2 hours and iFix networking to View nodes is disabled.

Thanks Dave we must have runtime/development because the last time i watched someone edit screens they did not reboot first. So our IT guy should be able to log in and just press ctrl-w when we are viewing the screen we want to change?