Off-Topic: Thesis Printing

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all,

Getting ready to graduate and need to print my thesis on 24 pound 100% cotton paper. I have got ink-jet and color laser available.

I know there is some academic people here, and surely numerous grads.

What is the best way to print 100% cotton paper, ink-jet or laser? Should I maybe have it printed by a professional service?

Thanks again for all your wisdom people!

It is 2014, you still using "paper" products?

I thought that was only used in public toilets? Or maybe.... No don't go there.

Just take it to a professional printer.

We submit ours electronically which then checks for plagiarism etc. It also helps with regards disclosure agreements.

Thank you..

I don't make the rules, I just follow them. We have to submit two unbound copies to the Graduate college of which one will be added to the library.

If you can, get it done with a laser printer at a print shop like FedEx Kinko's or UPS Office.

High volume print shops are typically going to have their machines well tuned up and supplied with decent quality toner. My home ink-jet is blobby and smeary even when it's in great shape.

Congratulations on graduation !

Thanks Ken, I appreciate it! :)

Yeah, looks like I am going to have to go and have it printed by the pro's :), still a poor student ;)