Oil level sensing

Make sure you the ultasonic supplier you choose doesn't just gloss over the 6 bar requirement you stated in your first post. I don't think any of the ultrasonics I have ever used could stand up to 6 bar. But then again I never needed one to. Just make sure whatever you pick can handle the pressure.

Keith

level transmitter

Dear Friend,
If you have good budget then you can go for radar type LT (Endress & houser is good) or Enraff Float type LT,But all you can do in a cheap way by using DP transmitter connecting on high and low side of oil tank and you can get level indication as well as high and low point alarms which will be the best.

Suprised that no one mentioned using a pressure transmitter for level measurement.

- I take that back. Ever have someone post at the same time?

Another idea: Suspend the entire vessel from one load cell. This is clever as you dont have to linearize the ratio between the signal and the real fill rate (which you have to do with ultrasonic and radar sensors). It is also a very accurate measurement that can detect small differences easily, down to the "allmost completely empty" point (very difficult with radar and ultrasonic sensors).

If you cannot suspend the vessel from one load cell, then you can put in on a stand with three feet and three load cells.

Last edited: