Old Dog New Tricks

Don H

Good Day To Everyone

I attended seminar for yaskawa F7 drives in the past. I enjoyed it and would like to keep practicing at home. Since Ive been a machinist for the greater part of my life I have very little electrical experience. I am seeking help in building a trainer. What I have is a
CIMR F7U40P7 480v 2.1A drive
.25hp motor

Any help is very much appreciated.

Hi Sergei Troizky
The trainers that we used were run off 120vac. I was thinking of a step up transformer. But I am not sure of the wiring for the 3 phase.

Don

Most small VFDs can be run on single phase input power...
Typically, only 120V or 240V VFD are intended or may be configured for single-phase power.
The subject drive manual does not mention single-phase power possibility even for 240V units.
Sorry, Don, but you've stolen a wrong one (joking :)).