help an old dog (Ron) learn new (Indramat) tricks ...

thanks for the input, Tom, but whenever part of this plant goes down, the only thing that matters to the customer is getting it back up again ... they try to keep this thing going 24 hours a day - 7 days a week ... and EVERY part that they can possibly produce is already SOLD ...

I guess that's really a pretty good "problem" - having everything already sold ... but unfortunately it doesn't leave any "slack" or "downtime" for things like training ...

thanks for the input ... even ideas that we "might" have already thought of before are very helpful ... they help nail down the fact that we've tried every angle to get this project done ...

Last edited:
Greetings testsubject ...

I wonder if your customer might have some of these items in spare parts that he would be willing to "lend" for training.

they have very few of these parts available - not enough for even ONE working system - not to mention TWO of them ... and the plant doesn't want those precious few "spare" items being carted off to Charleston for weeks at a time so that Ron can play (or "work") with them ...

bad omen: all of the previous "training" equipment that the plant owns has already been scavenged (down to the BONE) for anything that works ...

thanks for your input ...

Mickey said:
"fratistat"? You are old.
My dad used to use that word and I'm 61.

"First, you have to charge your fratistat with some impossibilium to use it on your widget to get your widget back into whack. Then you have to smear some unobtanium on your doohickey to slide it into the thingamabob. This'll work 99% of the time unless your thingamabob is totally discombobulated, then you'll just have to buy a new one at Wal-Mart"
I dont know who said this.

Hahaha
I tried to read this out loud for my girlfriend but couldn't cause i was laughing so hard!