power supply: (one slot space)
input module (DEP208)
input mosule (DEP208)

expension rack
output module BDAP218
output module BDAP218

the PLC was stored with battery disconnected

i have modsoft 2.11/2.21 (dos version)

can any one guide me through steps for configuring the plc for simple control applications. i am new to modicon but familier with ladderdiagram and use other brands

i have plc connected with my notebook which have modsoft

1-2-3 instructions for Modsoft

First you go to the off-line mode and create a new program.

Second you need to configure (key F5) your system, Overview (F3)lets you chose your PLC type, you can use the defaults for everything else. I/O Map (F4) is used to locate your I/O (? is used to open the pick list of available cards) and assign addresses.

Third after developing your program, go back to the main page and use the Transfer option (File to PLC) to download the program.

don't forget 'dim awareness'

I remember difficulties with a 'dim awareness' message
for the initial download, but, don't remember if it
was on a 984 or not.

The Modicon help line or the local distributor (or the eBay
seller) should be able to help you through it, if you see it.

Dim Awarness

All Modicon processors generate a Dim Awarness error on all new power ups and when recovering from a loss of memory caused by low/no battery.

The recovery is very simple, download a correct configuration to the processor.