Old PanelView Plus files....

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
.... I have View Studio version 6, and some application runtimes (.mer) written in version 4.

View Studio can't re-create the application files... It says version 4 didn't support that feature.

Does anyone know of a possible work-around, I don't think the source files are obtainable.

daba said:
View Studio can't re-create the application files... It says version 4 didn't support that feature.

That's correct daba. You can only create MER files at Revision 4, no option to restore the project.
The restore to design time option, when creating runtime files, wasn't added until FTVS Revision 5.00 and above.

The tech note that I think Alan is referring to is here 8913.

Note: The work around does not completely restore the project.
Some aspects such as...

Parameter files
Alarm Setup
Datalog files
Macro files

and in some cases, the Tag Database, will not be restored.

Attached is a PDF of the step-by-step for the work around.

G.

Thanks for that, Geospark, it confirms that I will not be able to achieve this with the licensing I have, as I would need the >5 display runtime license, and it looks like I would need version 4 (not 6, which I have) to "recover" a version 4 .mer file.

I only need to assimilate the actual animations performed by the PanelView displays in response to the numbers sent by the PLC, not interested in alarms, parameters, etc.

If anyone has the necessary licensing for Version 4, and is willing to "have a go" at recovery, PM me and I can send the .mer file (there are 3 installations, but I know from the PLC code that they all work the same way).