Omrom - CX Programmer Version Compatibility - Can i use this version?

Codorna

Hello everyone,

A client has asked us to change a bit of logic on his PLC.
Our job is to put a new transmitter, reading it with Modbus RTU.
He has also told us that the program version in his computer is CX Programmer V9.6.
I have a virtual machine with the CX Programmer V9.7, my question is: is there any problem in using CX Programmer V9.7? Or do i have to install CX Programmer V9.6?
Also, if we do use CX Programmer V9.7, will he be able to continue using CX Programmer V9.6?

Thank you all.

Omron is probably one of the best PLC manufacturers at backwards compatibility. You will have no issue using V9.7.

I have seen very few issues using an older version CXP on newer programed PLCs. I would test this before you leave the plant. Worst case, have your customer upgrade to V9.7. My guess is you will have no issues but I'm not going to guarantee it. With Omron, you should always use the latest version and you will have no issues.