omron c200he

ajay34

hello guys ...

i m seeking help to protect plc program c200he cpu -42 from temper by
some other staff..it been few time the program been temper.

i had look the manual for it but cant find it ..

Tampering

If the program has been tampered with, there are a few ways to deal with it on that series PLC.

1) Physically lock it. Close the panel and prevent access. Do you know who has been tampering (any why)?

2) Store the program on EEPROM, and load from EEPROM on re-start. I believe that series has that capability.

I will try later on to find you a manual. I have the entire Omron collection on CD - I can try to get it posted for you.

it close control panel with keylock .but than this PLC is always ONLINE with wincc scada
it was temper by some junior tech..when i ask why they say it mistake but as huiman it hard sure will happen in future.

Password protection on these PLC's originally used the programming console to set a 4 digit HEX passcode.
To achieve this with CX-Programmer you will need to enter the attached rung of code as the very first instruction of your program. In this case password is "1234". As values are HEX then maximum password is "FFFF".

C200H Password.JPG

i follow the attach ladder/rung at 1st of the ladder program ..
but than still able to change or write the ladder program .
do i made any mistake..asi also try use the protection collum and it give me some error..

Last edited:
http://industrial.omron.com.br/uploads/arquivos/C200HE_HX_HG_2004_W303-E1-09_OPERATION.pdf

• If a C200H program including the SET SYSTEM instruction (SYS(49)) is transferred
to the C200HX/HG/HE, the operating parameters set by this instruction
will be transferred to the C200HX/HG/HE’s PC Setup area (DM 6600, DM
6601, and DM 6655) and overwrite any current settings. Be sure to confirm
that the settings in these words are correct before using the PC after program
transfer.

After reading this note, I would say that the C200HE does not have this feature.

AR10.01 - Fun(49) #0000 #0000 #1234 'First Line of Code - Use # for parameters
Availability:
CxxH, C200H, C200HS, C1000H, C2000H, CPM1, CQM1, IDSC and C200HX Family.

Regards,

wat is the error mean ( as attach) ..i had look into manual but i cant find it..
esp when i try set password for omron c200he cpu 42

pci1.jpg

It is telling you that you cannot protect the UM (User Memory) area of the PLC. If you remove the first rung then the message will go away.

Regards,

.does this mean C200HE cant be protected...even i try to remove the 1st rung and try to set password it still show the same error.

The C200HE does not have this feature. In order to clear the message you will probably have to cycle power to the PLC.

AR10.01 - Fun(49) #0000 #0000 #1234 'First Line of Code - Use # for parameters
Availability:
CxxH, C200H, C200HS, C1000H, C2000H, CPM1, CQM1, IDSC and C200HX Family.

I would go back to my first response, and use the dip switch settings. You are only preventing people from changing your logic and not seeing the logic.

Regards,