Omron C200HX

whtrader

Hi,

I have an Omron C200HX connected to Citect. Recently there's a problem with specific data point. The data is received at Citect but at certain times it will show #COM and goes back to normal. At Omron plc I observed that the communication light which is usually blinking will stop momentarily and then continue to blink. The stop will result in #COM at the specific points. I not sure how to troubleshoot this issue. Please advice. Thank you.

What type of connection do you have? Serial or Controller Link?

Sounds to me like the serial port is being held up by Windows - if serial connection.

I hate serial links for PLCs - too slow and too many problems.

You will have to dig around. It would depend largely on what other programs are installed. Virus scanners, for example, are notorious for taking all the resources.

The only reason I suggest this is that the serial port appears to stop. Normally the activity with just a single link would be fairly constant.

Have you tried extending the time out time in Citect for the serial port? Probably the easiest solution.