OMron CJ1m and CPM1

jairus

Hello there! i need some help regarding omron plc the CJ1M and CPM1, do they have the same software and connecting cable? and which of the two is the latest plc from omron? or which of the two plc is more advance?

thank you...

The CPM1 is a unit which is pretty much obsolete.
It is a block type PLC with limited expansion capabilities.
The CJ1M is a different animal altogether, it is modular
With many types of I/o modules and communications modules.
Both can be programmed using CX One.

The CJ1 is basically being replaced by the more advanced CJ2 - I have been using the CJ2 for quite some time now.
I understand that the CPM1 has been discontinued - no longer manufactured.

Thank you so much for all your reply. We had a cj1 here and i already edit some part of the program and the other is cpm1 guess i need to replace this with cj2 so i can expand I/O.

If you need a shoe box PLC the CP1L is pretty expandable - it may be enough. It is basically the replacement for the CPM1 and has virtually the same instruction set as the CJ2. It has the capability for serial cards and an Ethernet board (limited functions though). You can even add 2 x CJ1 cards to it. Worth a look.