Omron CJ2M communication problem with NS15 via Ethernet

Storm1111

Hi,

I have facing a problem when i tried to link NS15 touch screen with CJ2M with built in ethernet port.

The following address i have set in.
CJ2M: 192.168.250.1
NS15: 192.168.250.2

It could not work.

Is there anyone can guide me on this?
Thank you

You also have to set up a host in the NS screen using the IP address of the PLC.

Have never had to set up a routing table for this - just a host in the screen. Easy peasy.

you can only setup the IP link using either the USB or serial link to the CPU - Pain in the ---
the Screen and CPU need to be connected via E/net

Needs to be done through Tools in CXone

Last edited:
For making connection: NS to CJ2M via Ethernet/IP you only need to set the IP on the NS and host address.
Banker

I had to ask Omron about this two weeks ago - the method they talked me through worked.
But it would no work by simply setting the IP address - I did try that.
Are you certain?

omron netw.JPG

The snip is for a CJ1M that I have working - just change PLC type to CJ2M for the current project.

oh well must have been me .
It was the Guy from Omron Syndey that gave me the answer though.
the photo's I attached was the area he led me to.
Have a good one

Hello,
I have problem with connecting NS15 panel with CJ2M CPU34 PLC. In network Type option for PLC found that I have other IP adress than IP adress set in CJ2M-EIP21 in IO Table (IP adress of PLC is 179.1.0.10). At the other side NS15 terminal has adress 179.1.0.11 and configured host with Ethernet IP connection 179.1.0.10. If I set in network Type connection 179.1.0.10 ethernet IP adress of CJ2M will this work or I have to do more to get this communication? Can somebody specify CX-NET and PLC routing procedure to accomplish this problem?