Omron G9SP to Red Lion to Omron HMI

Christoff84

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I'm installing several Omron G9SP programmable safety controllers in my plant (safety upgrades, ease of troubleshooting, etc) and I'd like to take advantage of the communications to help the maintenance people troubleshoot a lot faster. So far I've found that none of the G9SP communication options will talk directly to an Omron NS10 screen.

I'm considering using the Red lion DataStation Plus as a data concentrator to bridge the gap. I see Red Lion has a G9SP FINS driver already setup, but I don't see a FINS driver for the NS series HMI.

Has anyone used a Data Station Plus to communicate with the omron HMI before? I'm thinking modbus TCP will be my only option but I'm not sure. If anyone has any suggestions/alternatives, that'd be appreciated too.