Omron HMI NS8-TV01B-V2

wmor0082

I have an Omron NS8-TV01B-V2 that will not start up. Has an error warning. I tried to create a program in CS-Design and down load to a flash card. Only the red light stays on. The manual suggest to reload a program from a memory card. Has any one had this problem?

Never. I suspect that perhaps the system files may be corrupt. You would have to load the system files onto an SD card, power the device down, put in the card, power the device up and when asked select clean install.
The SD card size you can use I think is 2 GB - that is what I use. That size is becoming hard to get though. You may have to look around. I use SanDisk.
Do not format the card at all - it needs to be real FAT16 - not Windows XP onwards FAT16 - it will not work.
The cards come normally formatted with real FAT16.
Here is a link to the firmware downloads - you may have to join but it is free and is a good resource for all information Omron.
http://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=downloads

Internal SD Card Image

Hi BobB,
I have an Omron NS8 HMI. It's internal sd card is broken. I changed it and tried to download system files but when powered up nothing is displayed. Would you send me disk image of internal sd card? I know it is a hard issue. Anyway, thank you.

You can download the system files from http://www.myomron.com/ - you will have to join but it is free. It would be best to send the unit back to Omron for repair as I have never seen an internal SD card failure or heard of one - perhaps something else internally has caused the problem. I always send anything that requires repair back to Omron and get it fixed properly.

Thank you for your quick reply. I am sure that internal sd card causes the problem. I am a electronics technician, ı disassemlied unit, connect internal sd card to computer and saw that it is unusable. Unit is old enough to not use. I will change it to a different brand unit.

Again thank you for quick reply. Bye.