Omron issues NT21 and CPU31

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a customer that bought a used machine (was told it was working) it has a C200HS omron cpu31 and a NT21, when he plugs in the cable there is an error on the HMI he made a new cable thinking that maybe it was a cable issue but it did not help, he bought a cable from me to try and upload the program from the PLC but they can not connect to the PLC either, there are some dip switches on the PLC any chance that the switches are in the wrong settings? he is using a trial software from Omron

See attached PICs on the errors, is there a way to see the COM settings on the HMI?

As always... thanks for the help

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 14
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 15
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 14
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 14
Here's a link to the manual V068-E1-01 page 118 will explain getting into installer mode etc. You will be able to find the comms setup of the NT in the maintenance mode menu.

Mark,
Possibly. Dip Switch 5 switches between the default when ON.
It will use the programmed settings when OFF.
Need to know how Port A on the NT is configured.
Should be able to hold down opposite corners on the screen to access the menu.
Turning dip switch 5 to on should allow them to connect with CX Programmer with network type Host Link (Sysmac Way).

What cable did he buy?
USB-CIF02 would connect USB to the peripheral port.
C200HS-CN220-EU (USB-GTC99CC) would connect to the 9 pin port on the cpu and also the NT21.

1708542288812.png

Thank you both very much, I have passed on the information and hope it solves his issues

Success!!! Below is from my customer, thanks again

Mark I wanted to share that I was able to connect and configure the port with both the replies on the forum. It was the dip switch 5 and the manual for the NT21 brought me to the Maint screen to configure. Thanks again! Super helpful!