Omron plc alarm

johneedw

Hello friends,
I've (SYSMAC CJ1M CPU21 )Omron PLC workind with a filling machine.
The PLC is not functioning and an alarm via its ERR/ALM led.
All i/p & o/p modules are OFF!
Please help me to determine and solve this error .
Also, advice me if the mentioned modules are powered from the PLC via its internal connections or directly from the power supply ?
Waiting for kind help !..

omron.jpg

Last edited:
You will probably need to go on-line & check what the error code is, normally, if the PLC goes into error the outputs will be switched off, however, the inputs would be on if energised.
It is possible there is a program error or a hardware failure, I nsuspect a hardware error as you say no inputs are on, this could be the internal problem like the 5v or 12v for the CPU or the bus for the cards is missing somewhere.
Certainly, if you need to replace the PSU or the CPU then ideally you will need a copy of the program either by uploading it or contact the original supplier to see if they will give you a copy.
Changing the PSU or I/O cards will not require a download as providing the CPU battery is ok then it should hold the program.

thank you very much dear friends for kind replies..
I'll do your suggestions and keep you in toucn..
Thank you again..