OMRON PLC interface with an OMRON MX2 drive

Hey Fellas!

I am trying to interface an OMRON Cp1L 30 I/O PLC to an OMRON MX2 drive.
The application is fairly simple, I have two outputs coming from the PLC to the drive. Anyone of which if ON will switch OFF the drive (halt the operation of the motors). The drive will resume its operation when both, or the output which is ON, will return to the OFF state. (Obstruction detection application)

Can anyone help me with a standard digital interface between the PLC and the Drive. Also, do I need to program the Drive for it to understand the use of both the inputs.

This is a new application for me, I know its not very difficult but I'm not able to find a way through.

Cheers and TIA

1:-If this a Safety related issue you should be using the two built in Gate Suppress inputs GS1 and GS2 on the MX2 drive.
2:-You CANNOT use the PLC outputs for controlling these inputs of the drive. Safety circuit must be external to the PLC.

This subject is clearly described in Appendix E "Safety (ISO 13849-1) of the MX2 user manual.

Well its not a safety input.
I was able to figure it out, and Yes it was in the manual, should have checked it properly.
Thanks guys appreciate your help.

Cheers

I was able to figure it out, and Yes it was in the manual, should have checked it properly.

Cheers

Cheers

"Thanks" is OK, always willing to assist.
However a more useful response would be to post HOW you solved it so others can learn. 👨🏻‍🏫

Good point!

I used a sourcing logic to interface the PLC with the VFD.
Using the datasheet, I connected the first output from the PLC to the first control circuit (S1) terminal and the second output to the second control terminal (S7). Shorted the commons for the two PLC outputs and connected it to the P24 terminal on the drive.