omron pulse output module

edman

I am trying to control a rotary actuator using a omron CQM1H-CPU51 with a pulse output card PLB21. With the transistor output units
i was able to control the motor with PULS and SPED instructions. I am using the same instructions with the new output card, specifying the correct port for the card. The only problem is the actuator is not responding. Any suggestions or info on this particular pulse output card CQM1H-PLB21.

Thanks in advance,
-Erik

The W364 manual contains the programming and setup information for the PLB21 inner board.
You should be able to download the manual from www.omron.ca, click Document Library in the menu on the left, then enter W364 in the bottom box Partial Document Number.

My guess is that a setup parameter is not set, or set incorrectly.

Hope this will help.

I believe I have the parameters set correctly, because the LED on the output card lights up, but I still can't get any rotation. Thanks for the help though.
-Erik

What about the wiring?

The LED will turn on when the plc turns on the output.
If wiring polarity is reversed or a Common connection was missed, you would not actually be sending voltage to the actuator.

Just a thought.

Yeah that was the problem. I had two wires fliped around and just like you said the actuator was not receiving a voltage signal. I really do appreciate the replys though gtsuport. Thanks and have a good one.
-Erik