Omron RS232 Request to send function

andepand

Hello,

I'm currently trying to recieve some data over RS232, using an Omron CP2E with an RS232 option board.
The device it's communicating with requires 5 volts to start spitting out data. It does so every second.

I have managed to recieve its messages by using the 5 volt output on the Omron's DB9 pin 6, which works ok but it causes an error when I use the Rxd instruction:
If I happen to execute the instruction in the middle of a message, then it doesn't agree and I have to reset the port using a bit in the auxiliary area.

It would help if I could use the Request to send pin for supplying 5 volts to the device, since then I could control when the message starts sending.

One problem, the RTS pin is pulled low (-5 volts) no matter what I do.
Could anyone explain me the workings of the RTS output and when it is switched high?
I use RS232 in no protocol mode, could that be the problem?

Info would be much appreciated.

Last edited: