omron software upgrade

irondesk40

just renewed our contract to get the latest version of cxone.
The version of cx programmer that I use, which is version 6.3
We have dozens of production machines that I have modified or created with this version of cx programmer.
Once I get my new copy of cxone, the cx programmer will be a new version.
If I modify or create a program using the newer version will the technicians in some of plants who are still using the older version of cx programmer until we can get everyone upgraded be able to open the file?

Thanks

It should not be a problem.
Pretty sure the file format is the same.

The difference is mostly support for new processors.
Some usability enhancements.

Hope this will help.

I think problems may arise if you use IEC structured-text function blocks and programs which older versions of CX-Programmer may not be able to read.