Omron SYSMAC C40k Eprom option

aju79

I have Omron Sysmac C40k programmable controller... I want to program it but i dont have programed eprom and Host link unit.. But I have Syswin V3.4 Software. In Syswin there is an option "Save Eprom Image"... But this function is not active with the selection of CxxK PC... If I select any other PC like CQM1 then it becomes enable...

HOW CAN I GENERATE *.BIN FILE FOR C40K Programmable Controller FROM SYSWIN V3.4... OR

Can anybody help me How can i program C40k with out Host Link Unit, Any other Omron PLC and Programed Eprom...
Waiting for Reply..

I agree with Bob on this one, It is too old to be worth saving.

Also to program an EEPROM you will need a prom writer for the C40K, this plugs into the large programming port slot on the front of the CPU. First you download the program to the CPU then upload to the EEPROM. I'm fairly certain you cannot purchase the prom writer anymore (and if you could it is probably more expensive than a whole new PLC).

If you have Cx-Programmer - get a CP1L
If all you have is Syswin - get a CPM2A

Eitherway you will be better off.

Omron c40k not in RUN mode

Dear friends,

I have a Omron c40k controller , it is coming in RUN mode what is the solution to this problem.

Dear friends,

I have a Omron c40k controller , it is coming in RUN mode what is the solution to this problem.
welcome to the site
Mate, if it was working then it is probably now dead.
this PLC is very very old.
1. Are there any error lights?
2. is the programmer plugged In? - unplug it and then power down then UP

Dear Iant,

1. There is no ERROR or ALARM light is there.

2. It is not connected to a programmer , actually i don't have a programmer .

WHAT NEXT?

I am sorry but the only help I can give you is to recomend you replace the PLC. it is just too old