online remote rack changes with ethernet

phinix

hi u all

i am looking for a vendor how can provide a full system like Siemens pcs7 , but
that can allow on-line changes to to the remote io racks (card change , rack adding , card adding ...) with one of the Ethernet industrial protocols to the remote racks .

as i understood with Siemens it is possible only using profibus-dp

thx (y)

Ethernet/IP is fast, reliable when you follow the best practices guidelines. You can add some type of I/O while online, but not all types. I beleive its restricted to 1756 I/O, racks, cards and PF Drives on Ethernet/IP. I don't know much about Siemens, but I don't think Rockwell has a mini-DCS system as one product. But I think you could put together something like a mini-DCS using several RA products though.

PlantPAX is RA's answer to DCS. I have no experience with it and based on my experience with another vendor's "mini-DCS" years ago, I would be very careful about adopting it.

thx Harryting

i would very much appreciate if u could elaborate some more concerning the heads up for adopting the mini-DCS

PlantPAX is RA's answer to DCS. I have no experience with it and based on my experience with another vendor's "mini-DCS" years ago, I would be very careful about adopting it.

PlantPax is the software routines for ContolLogix and FTView SE. It gives you the add-on instructions and SE faceplates to make a nice system. It gives you a great head start as all the routines have already been tested.