Onrom CS1 Controller LINK to CJ1M Clink

Digger

D
Hi

I have come across a Small problem in my Network Set up, it consisits of a CS1 rack PLC with 2x Controller links and 1x Ethernet unit called Network 1,2,3 (networks 1,2,3 configued using CX integrator Routing tables ) if you are reading this then you undstand what I mean (( if more than one Comms unit is installed in a CSI, CJ1M plc unit then there has to be Networks created in order for them to WORK))
any way on to the problem

CS1 PLC has 2 controller links installed lets call them network 1 and 2..

Network 1 has 28 C200H plcs using controller Link to Comunicated with them a1l Auto configured and working OK passing info back and forth..

Network 2 has 3 CJ1M installed all auto configured, but each CJ1m will talk to each other and allow me to configure any settings in any plc in the network 2,,
the Master plc CS1 Contoller link will see all PLCs BUT WIL NOT allow me to edit any the CJ1M plc on network 2 and when you do a Diagnostic check all the 3 CJ1M plc fail the test, although they can be seen on the network ??

Basically the CS1 controller link will not read any info from the Network, but the CJ1Ms will read and write ok between but not read or write to the CS1 controller link,,

I have not set the Routing tables to Pass threw any PLC only created 3 networks for the Comms card to work in the CS1 plc

if you are a PLC programmer with network experence you wil know what I am doing

Thanks for reading and sorry to boar you

Ian

Are you talking about problems connecting to another CPU on the network from the CPU your programming computer is connected to or do you want to configure data exchange between the CPU's ?
Sounds to me you need to recheck your settings when connecting, check that you have set the FINS source network, destination network and destination node correctly. You might think you are connected to the correct CPU but in fact it could be you have set the wrong destination network or node.

Be clear in what you are trying to accomplish and use the proper terms as used in the software. What do you exactly mean with "Diagnostic check"? What do you exactly mean with "edit CJ1M on the network"? What do you exactly mean "they can be seen on the network"

Is suggest you make a network layout drawing showing the various networks and nodes which will help you set the correct FINS network parameters when connecting.

I guess you are using the Ethernet card as the entry point. You have to set up routing tables to use the Ethernet as say network 1 and pass through to networks 2 and 3. If the routing table is set up incorrectly it will not work.

You also have to go to each PLC separately to set the network number up. You cannot do it from one PLC - each one has to be set up in turn.

Once the PLCs are individually setup with the correct network numbers and the routing tables are correct you will be able to address all PLCs from your laptop via the Ethernet port.

To exchange data automatically between PLCs on the same Controller Link network, you will have to set up data links between the PLCs on that network. The easiest way is to use automatic settings and make them the same in all the PLCs on the network.

You can pass information from one Controller Link network to the other by moving data from one network memory area into the other network memory area in the CS1 - a gateway if you like.

See this thread over at MrPLC which handles a similar situation on a smaller scale. Is suggest you make a network layout drawing like in this thread which shows the various networks, nodes and unit numbers.
It will simplify making the correct routing tables and will help you understand them. It is also useful to set the correct FINS parameters when connecting to the various PLC's. Besides if you post it we will be able to help you better.