OPC Client in C# or Visual Basic (Alternate Title: OPC SUCKS!!!)

Would it matter if the username and password of the user on the connecting machine is the same? I already have KepServer running as an NT service and starting automatically at boot.

did u think of using USB IO

If your applications are written in a high level language, I have developed a USB IO with a simple protocol and it is event driven so this device appears as a serial port.../serial device.
This is not to say that OPC approach with a PLC is not good, however, when the PC is doing the work, it might as well also act as a PLC..if you can connect the correct IO.
(y)

Similar Topics

Does anyone know where I can find some example C++ code for reading and writing to RSLinx OPC server. I'm just playing around and don't want to...
Replies
Views
I have a Win10 64 bit host for my OPC DA server, which is Indusoft (Studio,Scada.OPC.3). Locally OPC works, Matrikon OPC Explorer. On my Win7...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to connect kepServerEx v5 in parallel with RSLinx Classic lite but kepserver will not connect to the PLC if RSLinx is active...
Replies
Views
Hi! We have an existing RSView32 (project made by others). It is already configured as an OPC server. Is it possible for a CLX5380 or S71500 to...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone ! Is there any PLC module (vendor is irrelevant at this point), that acts as an OPC client and can be used to request data from...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom