Opening PanelView Application with RSView Studio?

Hello,

I just received a PanelView application in the form of a .PVA file, and would like to take a look at it. I have RSView Studio installed and was hoping that I could open the file using this. I've never actually used PanelView before, and so this is my first stab at it. Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

The PVA is a compressed form of the application. You can't just unzip it though.

Start RSView Studio. Don't try to load a project. Got to 'Tools - Application Manaager'. There choose 'Restore Application'. Find the APA file and let it do its thing. Then you can go to 'File - Open Application'

When done modifying the application create the APA backup by going back to the Application Manager and choosing Backup Application.

THE APPLICATION MANAGER IS THE ONLY WAY TO WORK WITH APPLICATIONS. Don't try to create, delete or move the folders by yourself.

bernie_carlton said:
The PVA is a compressed form of the application. You can't just unzip it though.

Start RSView Studio. Don't try to load a project. Got to 'Tools - Application Manaager'. There choose 'Restore Application'. Find the APA file and let it do its thing.

Thanks for the response. You say to choose the APA file when doing the 'Restore Application'. My application is a PVA file. Is there a way to convert PVA to APA?

Thank you.

.pva files are files that have been uploaded from a panelview (not a panelview +) PVA's are opened with panelbuilder 32 software not rsview studio.

*unless someone here has figured out a way to open panelview apps in studio???

There is a conversion utility in studio to convert PV applications to PV+. I have only played with it once and am not at my work computer right now to give you good instructions on how to use it. If I remeber correctly, it was pretty self explanatory once you found the the utility.

I believe once you open studio, chose new program, give it a name. When it opens up look thru the drop down menus to find the convert PV application to studio.

File > Open

Then New and type in an application name

Then Import
(Unless its just looking, if its a real conversion your doing then set the comms before importing, ie if the app is dh485 then load the appropriate driver up in rslinx enterpirse before importing.)

import1.jpg

import2.jpg