Opinions on CLX on-line editing of SFC

Gerry

Have any of you ControlLogix users looked into this feature incorporated in version 13?

From what I've read, when you activate the edits, the chart jumps to the initial step and resets all stored actions. This action seems to me to make the feature worse than useless.

It looks like you are correct, it will restart at the initial step.

I guess it makes sense though. If you are editing the structure of the SFC the only way for the controller to correctly use the changes would be to restart at the beginning of the chart.

I can still edit any of the logic routines as I always have. It would be nice if it could continue the chart from it's existing step but I suppose I understand the need to restart it.

I do DEFINITELY like the Finalize all edits option! Where have you been all my life! Ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic.

OG

I accept that there may be difficulties, but I certainly don't understand what they are. And I can't accept that they are insurmountable. The action is equivalent to switching to program mode and back to run. That doesn't happen with ladder or FBD.

I do DEFINITELY like the Finalize all edits option!
Yes, lots of long-awaited enhancements in this version.