Opto22 PB16HQ

null_BROdem

I’m having some trouble diagnosing what’s wrong with my output card. I seem to be getting 120V ac on my outputs when they are toggled off and then they go low when I toggle them on with a load attached. I’m not sure what to make of it, if anyone has some insight with the opto22 PB16HQ and OAC5Q i would greatly appreciate it.

Yeah I probed just about everything, even a known working board and I’m getting mixed results that’s just don’t line up. Unfortunately opto customer service is off on Sunday’s :/

I'm not familiar w/ opto, but I am guessing that the solid state outputs may display 120vac on a fluke meter when off as normal.
So, if you use a wiggy type meter, what results do you see ON vs OFF.
Additionally, do you have a working unit to compare the results to?

I do have a working unit but the results weren’t really matching up. I’ll have to see if anybody has a wiggy tester on site tomorrow and give that a try as well. We do have spares but I’d like to be able to troubleshoot the problem before I go replace the board.

If you don't have a wiggy, just use an incandescent lamp.
If you have trouble with one output, just swap opto modules.
If you are having trouble with all the outputs, you probably have a loose connection that causes circuit to open under a heavy load.

I have seen loose sockets where opto's plug in cause problems with heavy loads.

What is your load?

opto22 stuff - i have had a past history where the traces on the boards are sketchy (broken trace) or if the board flexes (makes the trace temporarily open), the output or input give erroneous results. maybe that is the issue?