OT. Costeffective waterflow measurement.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi.

Our supplier of water meters have stopped the production with no prior warning !
So now we are on a scramble to find an alternative asap.

Any good rotary vane type water meters that also have output signals. The signal must be 0.1 impulse per liter and/or 0.5 liter per impulse.

Or.

Any cost-effective inductive flow meters.

Please, only answers from the EU.

Sorry for this off-topic thread, but we are desperate.:cry:

Waterflowmeter

Hi Jesper

Hans Buch have some mag. meters from japan. Have not used them, but are planning.

Banker

PS. you can call me i work alot with flowmeters.

+45 65993377

Hi Jesper,

Not sure if you've tried these (think they're on your doorstep?!)
http://www.mjk.com/

We've used a couple of their flow meters and have been pleased (cost is not too dissimilar to the ABB meters), we met one of the main guys at an exhibition earlier this year - they have a fairly comprehensive product range.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the suggestions. Will look into Hans Buch and MHJ. Also want to look into Endress + Hauser and Siemens. Havent found any traditional water meters (rotary vane) with impulse output.

What I am after is a reasonably low-cost solution.
This because the rotary vane type we have been using until now was quite cheap - approx 300 Euro.
What price range can I expect for a 'regular' induction type flow measurement ? The dimension is between DN20 and DN50. There should be a display included (I think it is indispensable for quick and easy troubleshooting.)

I've used Kobold DF paddle wheel flow meters, which come from Germany.
Kobold_DF.gif

I assume they do sales in Europe, too.
Different matterials, from plastic to Stainless.
These meters do incur a fairly hefty pressure drop though; be sure to check the rated drop.

Dan