OT-Facom Wire Strippers

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to track down a pair of these, part no 985761

http://www.facom.fr/com/interactive_catalog/catalogue/appli.htm

Our local agent who I believe is the distributor are saying that they can no longer get them, that they are no longer made.

Does anyone, (UK people) know if they can source these, or if they are still an available item, or if in fact they have been dis-continued? I find it odd that they are still in their catalogue if they are no longer available.

These are a very nice pair of strippers, cut and strip in one. I had a pair for 10+ years, but they got stolen, has been a headache trying to get them replaced..

:site:

So obvious, yet so elusive, very like a camel...
This is awesome, have just got off phone to RS NZ, said they can get them, but standard delivery times etc. Not a problem.

Farnell have them for pretty much the same price as RS, have to come out of UK for both options.

Those things are pricey little devils. Are they worth it? Those things are pricey little devils. Are they worth it? Today 03:37 PM

I reckon so, strip and cut to a preset length every time, blades replaceable, very nice tool.

With current exch rate, I would save $60 NZ Peso's, need to check what it would cost to get sent on the pigeon...

Timbo, your the man!

:site:

So obvious, yet so elusive, very like a camel...
This is awesome, have just got off phone to RS NZ, said they can get them, but standard delivery times etc. Not a problem.

Farnell have them for pretty much the same price as RS, have to come out of UK for both options.

I reckon so, strip and cut to a preset length every time, blades replaceable, very nice tool.

With current exch rate, I would save $60 NZ Peso's, need to check what it would cost to get sent on the pigeon...

Timbo, your the man!

Nice to help out. What was nice to see on the farnel site was "Country of Origin - UK", OMG we still make something in this country!!!