OT: Ground rods bonding

For us when doing house grounding, it really kind of depended on the builder - I wired a LOT of new homes - and what they made available. When I first got into the trade, almost all of the water service pipes wound up being our primary ground. Later on, the water utility started running their services in some form of PVC. Right about the same time, builders started leaving about a foot of rebar exposed above the poured foundation near where our service was planned to go, so it was a nice trade off. If both were available, we hit both.

I loved wiring houses. Customs out in the boondocks were the best. :)

We also did a lot of track homes for Medema, and there were about five floor plans that they built and at the most the layout would be flipped giving them up to ten different floor plans. My Journeyman and I averaged about 100 sq. ft. each of wiring per hour. Meaning we could rough-in a 1600 sq. ft. house in an eight hour day. He was fast, I was the half-fast one. :ROFLMAO:

Naturally there were never any prints. Customs got wired to the builder/owner's taste. And track homes pretty much just up to standard code, with half-switched plugs being the method of choice for room lighting.