OT: Megohmeter recommendations?

dploof23

I am looking to purchase a megohmeter and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I was looking at the Fluke 1520, which looks nice, but also looks a bit pricey.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dave

We use one of these: http://www.instrumart.com/products/35160/megger-mit400-cat-iv-insulation-tester
Simple and not too expen$ive. I have no problems with it.

Thanks for the reply. That looks like a nice unit. The price is right in line with the Fluke units I was looking at. I would probably be inclined to go with the Fluke if I was going to spend that kind of money simply due to familiarity with the brand. I have a bunch of Fluke test equipment already and the stuff is rugged and reliable.

I use a fluke 1507. It seems in line as far as price and features with other offerings. I have been happy with it.

I shy away from the higher models like the 1587 since I already have meters that serve the functions that it adds.

Digital is nice but I still prefer my Amprobe AMC-2 crank meter. I've had it for 15 years.

it should be possible to generate 1000 volts.
i have two one cheapo, to use just for control and daily.
when i loose or drop/break it, no poroblem it was under 100 euro
the other is a fluke for certification as this one is calibrated.