OT: Motor Identification...

A long time ago in a location all too close, I got into the habit of recording all the details from every motor in the Autocad drawings for the reasons mentioned above. It has paid off for us several times.

A long time ago in a location all too close, I got into the habit of recording all the details from every motor in the Autocad drawings for the reasons mentioned above. It has paid off for us several times.

I agree, documenting absolutely everything might seem like a waste of time now, but later on it just makes your life or someone else's easier, and makes you look good.

That's all good if you get the equipment fresh enough to grab the numbers.

Where I work, we routinely get equipment from competitors and other foreign companies which have gone out of business. We are lucky to get anything with the machines, and when we do we are lucky if it's accurate at all.

I agree, documenting absolutely everything might seem like a waste of time now, but later on it just makes your life or someone else's easier, and makes you look good.

Yeah, I agree in our case and lucky us, the system designer, left us cd's with every conveyor part down to the washer and bolts and nuts and motor. We pull up the part number, then look on our CMMS to see if is available. We also have hard copy schematics, which contain, motor info like hp brand on other important info, vfd parameters, etc. Like OkiePC said docs are handy in my case I have a handy app inventory scanner I scanned the most used parts and keep a handy dandy inventory, keeping location of part, picture, part number. Anyways good luck.