OT: Multiple motor FLA computation

Basically, you want to consider how the motor loads start up. Any motors that ALWAYS start at the same time should be lumped together. Having a PLC-controlled start-up timer that controls how the motors start can reduce the total breaker size and the maximum start-up current.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Thank you PLCS.

NEC says multiply largest motor current by 125% then add the sum of all other loads to get WIRE size. Then multiply the largest motor by table 430.52 (inverse time circuit breaker is 250%), then add the sum of all other loads for BREAKER size.

You are talking about the motor short-circuit and ground fault protection (which varies from 150% up to 1100%). For motor overload protection, Article 430.32 shows generally 125% times the nameplate Full Load Amps.

OVERLOAD protection is part of the starter.
Maybe so, but it seems funny tht the NEC used a chapter to discuss overload protection for motors. Read it yourself.

Motor overload size selection is determined from motor nameplate current, however, motor conductor
ampacity and fuse or CB size is determined by motor currents listed in NEC tables 430-(147-150), not
motor nameplate FLA.