OT: Plasma Etched Steel For Floor

I_Automation

Lifetime Supporting Member
In the late 90's I worked in a factory that started replacing the diamondplate steel around their presses with plasma etched steel plates. They were having 10 gauge steel 4x8 foot sheets processed on one side (fully treated on that side) and welding them in place for greatly improved traction for people and hilo's.

All I know is there was a shop in Michigan that did this, but searching now can't find any shop so far in the US that can do a 4x8 foot sheet. No one working there now knows the source they used.

Does anyone here work in a place that has recently done this, or any of you get in a shop with this that can find out what source they used?

For a customer I am looking for at least 40 sheets, maybe not all at once.

Not sure if they can handle something that large or not, but I use A1 Engraving in Brighton, MI for my legend plates and such. I've thrown some pretty weird things at them over the years and they have handled it. They have a pretty quick turn around too, maybe worth contacting them to see if they can accommodate your need?

http://a1engravingandsigns.com/