OT - Vacuum Valves [Chemical resistant]

chavak

Off Topic - any info on solenoid valves to switch vacuum which used to suck away a mixture chemical solvents. We tried normal Festo and SMC solenoid valves, lasted only for 2~3 hours. I guess the seals in those valves degraded over time.

When dealing with vapors you need to check a chemical compatibility chart. Most valve manufacturers will have one or make recommendations for whatever solvent / vapor you are handling. This gets real complex when dealing with mixtures - the charts are NOT setup for this - talk with the factory.

If worse comes to worst you can use refrigeration to provide a freeze trap and condense the vapors. Will take careful temperature control to only condense but NOT freeze them.

Dan Bentler

Hi Everybody,

Thankyou for the links, the chemical is a mixture of ethonol and something tetro..... [I can't recall the name]. It is used to bond some tube to an adaptor.

I think anything with teflon would be ideal because the solvent is fed to the dispenser thru teflon tubes. The problem started when a need arise to use vacuum valves to suck away some residue.

Thankyou
Best Regards