Packaging Machine - Horizontal Flow Wrapper

Abigail

Hello,

We have a mechanical packaging machine ( horizontal flow pack machine ), which the OEM is no longer supporting the spare parts. The direction of the management now, is to convert the mechanical drive component into servo control system.

I am planning to use Omron PLC - NX1P2 , NA HMI and 1S Servo system to convert the existing packaging control system. The local Omron support is committed to assist us on the software / programming side, but not on the machine design conversion ( mechanical ). Since, this will be my first experience in handling the modification, I am looking for someone ( with packaging machine conversion / modification experience ) to guide / assist / consult on this project ( this will be a paid consultation / assistance ).

To those who had been using the motor sizing tool software, how do you size a mechanical system into a servo drive ( motor and gearbox )? Is there a hard and fast rule, in sizing a system? example is the packaging machine? infeed lugpin or the rotary knife? There are instances, where your system does not fall into one of the categories in the selection.

Appreciate if you could share your inputs.

Note: This topic was also posted in another automation forum ( Omron ).

Thanks.

As of now, I am still on the stage of determining or more precisely, knowing how to select the correct servomotor, RPM, gearbox speed ratio ( if needed ).

The mechanical linkages will be removed, and all driven elements will now be driven by a servomotor.

Thanks for the input.