PanelBuild 32 to Panelview Plus Bit Array issue

CEN

Hello,
I am converting a Panelview 1000 to a Panelview Plus 1000, connected to a MicroLogix 1500. When doing the conversion, I received a Bit Array error. This would usually be a simple work around but the array is writing to S:1/0-4. They do this to allow the HMI to control Program Mode (1), write to EEProm(14) and Run Mode(6). I was able to create a new HMI tag and write the value to an integer in the controller, but I cannot write the value to the first 5 bits of S:1. Am I missing something? Is there a work around for this? ANy help is appreciated.

Never tried to write to the S bits but one thing that might work is to use individual bits in PLC i.e. If you move the N Word into B bits then make each individual bit = it's corresponding S bit worth a try as it may be the PV + does not like the S bits, just a thought.

Update,
So I tried to write to S:1/0 on a bit level and it returns an error when I validate saying bit is not writeable.... still looking for another solution.

The controller is a MicroLogix 1500. The old panelview 1000 would allow the user to place the controller into program and save the project to EEPROM. Then the user could place the PLC back into Run. They would allow this so the settings could be saved ( pump speed, timers, valve locations, essentially the recipe. ). With the new screen, I cant do Bit Arrays so I cant select individual bits to write to in the S:1 word.
I can write to the entire word using the new panelview but then it over writes the S:1/15-5, which is not good.....
For now, I have the screen disabled and have informed the customer they would have to log on to the PLC to complete this task in the future. Just curious if there was a way to replicate it.

Unfortunately I do not have a ML1500 or standard PV to test this. Hopefully someone else
can shed some light on the subject.

Some light shed, but findings dim...

CEN,

I would assume that your original PanelView Standard 1000 terminal catalog number ended in "9" (2711-x10x9), denoting that it is an "RS-232 (DH-485)" model?

If so, there was a special feature carried over to the PanelView Standard terminals from the old 1747-DTAM-E (SLC Data Table Access Module) which allowed the terminal write access to certain read-only Status bits in certain controllers. However, this feature was only available on RS-232 (DH-485) protocol specific models.

While on the surface appearing to write to the read-only Status bits S:1/0 - S:1/4, using a Bit Array data type, in actuality it was using special PCCC commands in the background to update the registers.

Unfortunately, this functionality was not carried over to the equivalent RS-232 (DH-485) capable PanelView Plus model terminals and their firmware. Also, as we know, for Bit Array tags in FactoryTalk View, you may monitor Bit Arrays for alarm conditions, but you cannot assign Bit Arrays to graphical Objects or write to Bit Arrays.

19471 - Changing the operating mode of SLC or MicroLogix with PanelView Standard
Access Level: TechConnect

I've never heard of any other methods to do the same for an SLC or MicroLogix controller? So I'm sorry to say, but I believe that the last advice you have imparted to your customer is the "best" alternative you will find.

Regards,
George

Thank you for the response George. You are correct with the model I was working with, 2711-K10C9. Good to know if I ever come across this in the future.