Panelbuilder 1400E & WinXP

XP SP2 and the rockwell comm products (rslinx, rslinx enterprise [part of studio]) dont mix well.

then again neither does most comm software (including non-rockwell).
even norton will have 'issues'.

any-way...
rockwell has a utility coming out in the fall that will reconfigure the firewall and dcom setting that are altered by installing XP SP2.

for now, disable the firewall. that should fix the most common issues you run into.

If still having problems, try calling rockwell support and talking to the rsviewME or SE groups. I bet some of them can walk you through getting the comms going again.

still problem with XP

Hi All,

I'am still having a problem when trying to open an application using Panelbuilder1400E on Windows XP?
Coudn't open file "...DBSTAGID.IDX" "Cause File or path not found"
I don't know why? Somebody can help?
Thanks

Deer