PanelBuilder32 Compilation Error

mattyt

Hello,
I'm trying to compile an older panelbuilder32 application so I can throw it on a panelview. I'm getting a bunch of the same error 'Error (3019) - [Num Disp Object XXXX] Read tag not defined)' I feel like there is a simple solution, though I've been messing with it for a few hours now and cant seem to figure it out.

Thanks

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

If you can, ZIP and post the *.PBA file as an attachment, so folks can examine it on their own PanelBuilder32 installations.

The obvious answer is that one or more of the PanelBuilder Tags associated with those numeric display objects is invalid or mis-addressed.

Fortunately numeric display objects are pretty simple and easy to find and examine.

If you can't post the file, then the more detail you can present, the better. A screenshot or description of a specific numeric display object, and the tag associated with it, and the configuration and address of that tag in the Tag Database are the essentials.

Again, welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

That error is in the built in help files. It is telling you that the Read Tag has not been defined for the object. Open up the properties window (double click the object) for the objects that are giving that error. Make sure there is a tag there, and that it is a valid tag. My image is from a numeric data display, the properties you see will differ depending on the object, but the idea is the same.

ReadTagError.png

Thanks for your help guys, I was messing around more with it and found a solution. The tags are created in the tag editor and referenced correctly in the objects. So nothing wrong there, I ended up just re-creating the objects that were having issues with the same exact everything and it compiles without errors.. Some weird rockwell bug I guess, thanks anyway!